Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sucky Workout Day.
That was yesterday. It left me feeling depressed. SO yesterday I was supposed to run 90 minutes. I got up early and got my hair cut and was feeling good. It was a beautiful day and so I decided to instead tackle Sunday's long workout of 50 miles on bike. I racked up the bike on the car and took off for the Torrey Pines Gliderport. All seemed well at first, but as I was riding down the Torrey Pines hill, I kept getting hit with huge gusts of winds that were making my bike shake. At one point the gust hit my bike so hard, it pushed me about 5 feet out into the center of one of the lanes. A car coming up behind me swerved and luckily did not hit me. However, this freaked me out. I felt out of control on my bike. I pulled over to the side of the road. Then I turned around. I rode back up the hill and straight to the gliderport. I decided to do the running workout instead. I ran 90 minutes along the beach. I have to admit it was a miserable run. I couldn't wait to get done and felt like crap.

I came home, showered and plopped on the couch where I woke up early this morning. Boo. I am going to check the weather/wind reports and take off shortly on my Lemond. Hopefully it won't be as traumatic as yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home