Sunday, January 14, 2007

JELLO. That is how my legs feel tonight. I haven't gotten up off my couch except to take some laundry downstairs - I'm sure I'm walking like I'm about 80. Oh well.

Yesterday I worked (blah) and then ran about 9 miles (on the beach as usual). Nothing interesting to say about it, except it was beautiful. I watched the sun set on the ocean as I was running on a rather empty beach (too dang cold)! I'm pretty spoiled!

So I biked 45 miles today - Same as last week. Boring I know, but I'm a creature of habit. I have an entire book of nothing but bike routes through San Diego, but there's something about riding by the ocean. It makes me feel so peaceful and at ease. Today's ride seemed to take a really long time... I kept zoning out and thinking about the most random events. Strangely, I was thinking about ice storms and the time I slipped at my Dad's house in Michigan and we thought I had broken my arm. Tonight I was on the phone talking to my Dad - He mentioned that they had an ice storm and then he brought up the same incident...I don't think it had been mentioned since I was about ten! Is it some sort of cosmic connection, am I psychic?? ha ha ha ha!

So I am beginning Week 8, which is RECOVERY WEEK! WOo Hoo! That means the workouts are backed down a bit just for the week! I am so happy about that. Tomorrow I have to go to work - It is a holiday at our company, but I have a huge (and poorly-scheduled) workshop on Tuesday. Bah. I should be at home or pledging some sort of humanitarian service in honor of Dr. King, but alas I am working on the MBR project. Such is life. I guess I will have to volunteer another day.

All right - I'm heading to grab my laundry and get some sleep. Hope everyone is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home