Tuesday, January 02, 2007


Ok - It has been over a month now. Very sad. I haven't updated, but I have been training away. Yesterday was a wasted day - Too hungover to leave the comforts of my new couch and my cuddling companion (the irresistible Calvin).

So over the past few weeks I have done alot of traveling. I spent a week up in the Bay area for work which meant I got to swim under the stars at my favorite pool - Stanford (see the left)...

Then went to Hawaii over Christmas. This was extremely pleasant. Training there consisted of a bike ride with the Johnson-Moore family from Honolulu to the North Shore - (~45 miles). We also did swims in the ocean to Flat Island (saw a huge sea turtle!!) and at Waikiki. Running was also in abundance with runs along the North Shore (looking for Jack Johnson) and on the beaches. Ahh Paradise!! Perhaps I will have to break my rule and go for a full ironman just for the hopes of qualifying for Kona - Another reason to return to Hawaii! Aloha!


I returned to SD on the red eye on Saturday. I was then useless.. I completed a six-mile run along Pacific and Mission Beach (pathetically slow) and on New Year's Eve I biked about 40 miles along the coast up to Carlsbad - It was a beautiful ride, but I started a little late in the day, thus finishing up after dark - This freaks me out, especially on a night like NYE where there are pleny of drunks on the road. Not to mention the rides just aren't as fun without any of my riding buddies around. Drats. Anyways, New Year's festivities left me crippled for yesterday. Tonight I am back to it, though I am not feeling 100%. 3 months to go!! Woo HOO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home