Tuesday, February 06, 2007


Endorphin Kick! Woo Hoo!! It's Tuesday and the sun is shining - It's warm and I feel awesome! I had an awesome weekend - Kara got here on Friday (my day off) and we headed out to the Leo Rising show on Friday night - Had a great time! On Saturday we got up, cooked breakfast and hiked at Mt. Cowles - A great Saturday morning - If it hadn't been hazy (or smoggy) we would have had the most amazing views! It was still pretty up at the top and only 1.5 miles up and down (3 round trip for the math-impaired).



After our hike, we headed back to my house. We walked down to the beach where Kara camped out with a book and I headed out on my run. I ran 90 minutes down the beach to Mission Point - around Mission Point and back. In the spirit of my clutziness, I bit it after about 5 miles. I hadn't done this in awhile and it was fitting given that I had just discussed my clutziness the night before. I used to periodically fall while running for no reason. One time I wiped out pretty good running around Lake Lagunita (Stanford). I bloodied both knees, elbows, palms of my hand, a hip, shoulder and part of my face. It was great! I tried to figure out how I did this, but only guessed I tripped on some mysterious root somewhere and rolled down the path. Another time, I bit it running on Campus Drive (Stanford) by the tennis courts on the day of a huge track meet so the area was full of people to see me fall (for no reason) and rip up my knee. Anyways, my point is, it was long overdue. I guess I was used to running on the sand and I was in a transition from sand to pavement and I was jumping down off a curb onto the road, rolled my ankle and bit it. I just kind of sat on the pavement for awhile because I was too tired to get up and I was embarassed (and I had to inspect my bloodied leg). A bunch of people biked by and asked if I were OK. I was fine (as was my ankle and leg), just bruised pride. Oh well. Anyways, finished up the run and headed back to my house where we got cleaned up, went out for sushi and then went shopping.

Sunday was also fabulous. We got up and went kayaking out on the mighty Pacific in search of gray whales on their migration back up to Alaska. No whales were seen by us, but we did see some dolphins and seals, not to mention got a good arm workout! Spent the rest of the day bumming around San Diego and watching the Super Bowl. After dropping Kara off and another Bud Light at Kevin's Super Bowl Party, headed home to ride. Put the Lemond up on the trainer, popped in Rocky IV and went to town. I was supposed to bike 50, but I'm guessing I actually only biked 40. It was good enough for me... Got to bed way too late.

Monday was as most are. Decided to delay workouts until evening because needed extra 2 hours of sleep. Last night wanted to go home. Ended up talking on phone for a long time. Finally made it into the gym at almost 8! Then biked 25 miles on stationary and swam 1500 yds. Very exciting. Made it home a little after 11. Ate some yogurt and then crashed.

Alarm went off at 5:45 - WOo Hoo! For some reason, had energy! Made it in the pool by 6:45. Then swam my farthest (Mel, is it farthest or furthest? Please advise) workout yet - 2500 yds (50 laps)!! It was slow, but I felt great (when finished)!! Endorphins kicked in and am now at work.

Anyways that is about it for now. I have 60 minutes running tonight and may try to lift (just a bit). Then stacks of laundry await....

Gotta run - Stacks of work await!!
Ciao Ciao!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home