Thursday, February 01, 2007

Damn I'm tired. It's finally caught up with me. I've felt like quitting the past few days, but that isn't a happy option. I mean, generally I like myself, but lately it feels like I am torturing myself!! But damn it, I only have 8 weeks left! I'm already over half way there!

It's Thursday. My alarm went off at 5 this morning as Richard was leaving the house. I felt like I had just gone to bed because I didn't actually go to bed until midnight. But, alas, the time to awaken had arrived. My goal was to get my entire workout done this morning before work, and still make it into the office by 8:45-9ish. This is mainly because we have some NorCal folks in the office today and I didn't want to stroll in too late, and because I have guitar after work. I won't be done with guitar until 8:30ish and then by the time I get home... Plus, I want to clean up my apt. I am very excited because Kara arrives tomorrow and tomorrow is Friday (my favorite day)!! And Friday is my day OFF!!!! (not working of course, mearly working out)! Anyways, I am excited to show her around and relax! So anyways, moving on - Alarm goes off at 5 - get out of bed at 5:10. Throw on Speedo, sweat pants, Big Dipper sweatshirt from when I was 16 (still have it) and Giants hat. Head to gym listening to Foo Fighters.

Arrive at gym and think about taking a short power nap in the car - only 10 minutes - I argue with myself. Lazy self loses so head into gym (no nap). Stash stuff in locker and trudge down to pool. One person only in pool. Maybe because it's frigin 5:30. Stand in shower by pool - can't get out of hot water and into cold air. Finally go for it and jump in pool. FREEZING. Decide heater must be broken. Decide there's no time like the present to stop being a pussy. Warm up with 300 yds. Swim 1250 hard - Try to breathe more on left side as I favor my right side - Cool down with 150 yds. Total = 17oo yards. Get out of pool - Muscles instantly seize from cold air. Rinse off and head upstairs to change.

Throw on running clothes - severly procrastinating... Couldn't I just run tonight after guitar?? Wouldn't that be better???? Again, decide to stop being a pussy and get on treadmill. Running on a treadmill is boring. I won't sugar coat it. Time creeps by soooooooooo incredibly slow. Anyways, only had to run 50 minutes today. Watched sports center and listened to angry music. The run was slow. Only got in 5.5 miles. Oh well. I stretched and then showered up, got into work at 8:45, ate a huge breakfast at my desk and now I'm working (or trying to). Speaking of which, I should probably get back to it.

Until we meet again - hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home