Friday, January 12, 2007


Week 7! I know you're all enthralled to read about week 7. It's Friday night. I'm home from a heinous day at work and I'm tired and grumpy. I should just give up and go to bed, but I will write instead. Acccording to my training program "By the end of the base building phase, some of you may start to get a little grumpy and irritable". This must explain my crappy mood. Anyways, excuses, excuses - everybody's got one...
Here is how this week went.

Saturday: I was supposed to run 70 minutes. I was still recovering from a crappy cold I had again last week (I have a shitty immune system - Thanks Mom!). Anyways, I went out down to my favorite Saturday afternoon running spot - the beach! I felt like crap. I ended up making it only 40 minutes before I crapped out and had to stop. I guess it's better than nothing. I spent the rest of Saturday killing the bug with alcohol in the form of Bud from my new friend - our local Bud rep whose job it is to buy people Bud in the bar :-) It was a fun afternoon and I had fun razzling all the Cowboys fans while we watched the Seahawks win :-)

Sunday: Sunday was so fabulously sunny and warm! I woke up early after my premature (alcohol-induced) bed time on Saturday night. I threw my Lemond on the back of the car and drove to Torrey Pines. I parked the car and took off on my bike. I ended up biking up the Pacific Coast Highway to Oceanside almost to Camp Pendleton. It was such an awesome day - The waves were just about perfect so there were a ton of surfers out and about. On the way back I stopped on the beach to watch (see pic above). I google earthed the distance when I got back - It was almost right on what I was supposed to bike (45 miles)!

Monday: Alarm goes off at 5. Decide I can't get up - too tired. Go back to sleep. Wake up for work at 7 - Mad at self for not getting up at 5 to swim. Go to work. Skip lunch to head to gym to swim. Lunch is apparently a popular time to swim. Had to wait 15 minutes for a lane. Swam 1200 yds. Showered, headed back to work. Worked until 6:30 after record conference call on thrust restraint design problem (headache). Head to guitar. After guitar (8:30) head to La Jolla to gym. Bike 25 miles on stationary bike (completely bored). Hit mile 23, time = 10:30 pm, Completely tired, sweaty, look like shit. Low and behold an un-named ex-friend and lovely girlfriend and backup friend enter completely empty gym. Swap "looks". Finish last two miles while being gawked at by stupid girlfriend and backup Barbie friend on ellipticals. Leave gym pissed off. Head home and watch Sex in the City re-run. Feel better - endorphins finally kick in.

Tuesday: Alarm goes off at 6. Drag ass out of bed. Head to pool. Hop in and freeze ass off as sun is rising. Swim 1750 yds (35 laps/70 lengths). This is extremely boring. Amuse self by creating rhymes with lap number (i.e. "Eight is great, Eight is great, Eight is great - for the entire eighth lap - Seven, just like heaven, etc. (lame, yes)). Finish up, stretch, shower, head to work. Work. Finish up at 7ish. Head to gym. Run on treadmill for 60 minutes. Running was fabulous - Kept up a good pace - increased rate and incline every 10 minutes. David Grohl and Korn were especially helpful tonight :-) Stretched, and headed home!

Wednesday: Had site visits in Corona and Redlands so had people to meet by 8:30 up north. Finished up somewhat early. Came home and decided to do bike workout on the Lemond with the trainer. Set it all up and popped in a movie (Thanks Blockbuster online!). Watched "Invincible". Biked for entire movie - 100 minutes. Not sure how far as computer is not set up on bike and front tire does not move anyways. Felt pretty good. Headed to bed early.

Thursday: Alarm at 6:00 (so wish I was a morning person). Headed to pool and swam 1500 yds. Not bad. Felt pretty good. Headed to work. Worked. Left work at 6:30 and headed to La Jolla gym. Ran 45 minutes on treadmill. Run was fine. Saw stupid Tibor again. So unlucky. Stretched and headed home. Fell asleep by 10. I lead such an exciting life!

Friday (today)! My rest day! Hurray! I should make the most of it, but oh well. Actually think I will go to bed. I am tired (and grumpy), but at least I have an excuse! Tomorrow there is more to do!

Ta Ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home