Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Damn I'm tired. That is the theme as of lately. I'm at work and need to get cracking - The later I start, the longer I stay... But, I'm SOOO tired. Just like that Beatles song.

I got up this morning for the 6am spin class with all the crazies. Lots of fun. Seriously. I didn't feel all that hot - my legs are fried. Everyone in there was a little too perky for me. IN any event, after an hour of spin class decided to postpone remainder of bike workout until this evening. Instead I did some light lifting and core work. Very fun.

Yesterday was rough as well. Got up and did 2500 yards in the pool - 300 yd warmup/form drills/ 2 times of 10 x 100 yds and 200 yd cool down. This took forever and I felt like I was crawling. Got in late to work. Then after work had my run "quality" workout. Did 1.5 mile warmup/strech routine. Then completed 5x800 (hard), 5x400 with 1-minute rest intervals. Then did 1.5 mile cooldown. I wasn't feeling so hot. Went home and crashed hard.

I know this is extremely exciting so I'll end it here. I need to get my work done now. Only 3.5 more weeks to go!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it's stories like this that remind me why I'm not training for any Ironpersons at the moment.

I do however like the idea of debating the merits of using a tri versus a normal roadbike frame.

I dropped the idea of doing that Polyathlon thing, I'm not even motivated enough to finish the introduction on my thesis, and the elevation change alone is something like over 3000m over two days.

Hey, I'm on blogger,

-mark

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Katie-Liz said...

You're funny Mark - You do way more than you give yourself credit for! I've hung out in your playground!

As far as tri vs. normal bike frames - go for normal. Tri frames put extra unnecessary strain on the quads and aren't too great for hills. I love my "normal" road bike frame.

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that's good, no need for another toy, I was reading that they should help reduce leg fatigue since the arms are more over the front wheel.

Good luck in the Iron(wo)man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home