Thursday, November 02, 2006

My goals on paper (or a screen).

I'm stuck in a conference call. We're going on 2 hours now. So I decided to develop my time goals for the race. My initial goal is to finish. But hell, I need something a little more concrete than that. SO here it goes:
6 hours, 30 minutes.

Here it is broken down:
Swim - 45 Minutes (might be a stretch, but it's a goal!)
Bike - 3 hours 30 minutes (a little shy of 15 mph average speed)
Run - 2 hours (10 minute miles)
2 Transitions - ~7.5 minutes a pop or 15 minutes total

There it is. I was initially thinking about 8 hours for this bad boy, but 6:30 seems a little better. If I completed the race last year at this time, then I would only finish ahead of 25% of my age division. I don't care though. This is acceptable to me.

All right - I had better get back to my occasional "ahem".

Happy Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home