Monday, March 09, 2009

Week 15 is here already - 4 to go!
The day started with an EARLY swim.  Whoever developed the idea of a time change is a cruel individual - As if "Spring Forward" really makes me feel happy and perky to have my alarm blaring at 5:30 a.m. (4:30 a.m. body time).  Crawled over to the pool and had a rather slow swim this a.m.  Now I am procrastinating getting on my bike.  Anyone got any extra motivation today?

Week 14 was good.  Speed/Quality workouts continued on, with the increase of repeats in each of the events.  It left me quite tired.  On Saturday I completed the biggest brick workout of the program in order to get both long weekend workouts done before my trip to the desert to cheer on AJP in the Desert Tri.  I started with a 50-mile bike all by my lonesome up the Coast.  It was a pretty day and I had a good time.  From there I came home, swapped clothes and headed out for a 90-minute run on the beach.  By this time, my legs were a bit unhappy with the rest of my body.  I crawled along at a pathetic pace causing me to get passed by even the slowest woggers on the beach.  Oh well.  I made it though!  Came home with just enough time to shower, pack and head out on my merry way.

Sunday I watched the Desert Tri.  It was fun to be a spectator rather than a competitor.  Even though the alarm went off at 5 (4 am body time), I took comfort in the fact I would not be running, biking or swimming that day!  The event seemed fun and I camped out underneath a nice palm in between events while AJP was sweating it out!  He did great though and I was glad to be there to support his efforts!

Well, I suppose I should go get on my bike now.  Ta Ta for now!

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Getting up at either 4am or 5am sucks, I've been doing it the past two Sundays in a row to ski tour. Sadly the weather forecast was poor this Sunday, the tour was canceled, and I had to sleep in till 10am. But next weekend I should be sleeping in an igloo.

-mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home