Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!

Today is a very special day - My Dad turns 60 today, so happy birthday to you Dad!  I can't wait until we can celebrate together in April!  I understand that the day was blessed in the mighty mitten state with a new blanket of snow.  I'm taking this moment to publicly remind you not to shovel the driveway and to fix the snow blower (or purchase new) instead.  :)  This will guarantee a quick end to winter for you!

Week 12 has come to completion today, with a nice 90-minute run along beautiful Pacific/Mission beach.  Finished up with a couple hill repeats, just because.  Week 12 was recovery week and provided some much needed ramped down workouts.   Now we're on to the final stretch - Week 13 begins tomorrow and with it comes new speed/interval workouts!  Should be lots of fun!!  

As a fun factoid, was at a dinner party last night - We discussed the Amgen Tour de California, which
concludes today in Rancho Bernardo/Escondido, a few miles up the highway.  Apparently the average speed yesterday (including the hill/mountain climbs) was 33 mph.  Hmm... Quite humbling,  if you recall from my last post, my TOP speed in Palm Springs (going downhill) was 34 mph.  Can't imagine riding that as my average speed.  Guess that's why they are professional ;)  

All right - that is it from me!  Ciao Ciao!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home