Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week 15 came and went  - IT was a tough week mentally and physically.  

Now we're on to week 16.  This is the LAST week in the speed/quality phase and it's already almost done!  That means this is the LAST HARD week!!!  Week 17 begins taper phase and then I'm almost there!

In case you are wondering what I do with myself, I'm going to bore you with a detailed log of this last tough week.  Don't be jealous of my exciting existence.  

Starting with Munday Munday.  The alarm went off around 5:40.  IT seemed entirely too early. Mandatory snooze was in order.  Remembered the pool gets cleaned on Munday mornings so finally dragged myself out of bed close to 6.  Grabbed my pre-packed bag and drove the Panther to the gym.  All of the lanes were full in the pool.  Just my luck - pushing the time and apparently my luck.  Sat down on the step leading back into the gym to wait.  Oh, and I want to add that it was cold.  I first tried to look sad, hoping the swimmers in the pool would feel sorry for me and offer up their lane.  That didn't work so next I tried stink eye.  Finally, My. Flarer in lane 3 got out.  Now I was running really short on time and knew my leisurely swim had suddenly turned into a race.  Rinsed off in the hot shower and quickly ran and jumped into the heated pool, which didn't feel so heated on this fine Munday.  Got all 1500m in just in time for the 24-Hour pool cleaning guy to come on out.  After getting showered up at the gym it was off to cube wonderland!  Work was as per usual - not all that exciting.  Left promptly at 5 to head home and bike.  Procrastinated a bit at home and finally got on the bike at 6:45.  An hour and a half later, got off my bike.  Showered up, mixed up some muscle milk and made some toast.  All of the sudden, it was getting late and time for bed.  Packed up my swim bag for the next day and got in bed around 10.

Tuesday Tuesday - Alarm goes off at 5:30.  Get up shortly thereafter.  Pet Cal and Chloe.  Fill up the cat food.  Grab swim bag and out the door.  In the pool at 6:10.  Had it all to myself for about 1 minute.  Then it was filled.  AJP came shortly thereafter and shared a lane with me.  For whatever reason the pool was hopping.  I was a little distressed because I had a long workout, the other lanes weren't budging and there were people waiting!!  Another lane got out and 2 of the people waiting shared a lane.  Mr. Euro-Speedo-Snob showed up, grew impatient and then took off.  By some miracle, no one else showed up and I was able to complete all 2500m.  Showered up at the gym and then headed to cube wonderland for another enthralling day.  Had a little head ache at work so after my 8 hours, headed home.  Took a short nap on the couch with Calvin.  Then it was time for the run "quality" workout of the week.  Headed to the gym and warmed up on the treadmill for 1.5 miles.  Then it was time for the 800 m repeats.  I did 6 of them, wogging 400 m in between each 800 m interval.  It was intense.  After all of that, it was a 1.5 mile cool down.  This added up in total to over 7 miles.  I was a bit tired!  Got home just after 9, showered up, made a salad and was ready for bed.  

That brings me to Wednesday.  Wednesday is sleep-in/1 workout day!  Slept in until almost 7!  IT was so nice!  Got up and got ready for cube wonderland.  Then I was off.  After a full day at work (lucky to be busy today), came home and set the bike up on the trainer.  Today is bike quality workout day.  After spinning an easy 30 minutes, it was time for intervals.  Cranked up to a higher gear and did 6 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy for 6 reps.  Then cooled down an easy 30 minutes.   Showered up, cooked some dinner and now here I sit.  I'm really tired.  IN fact, it's almost 10 and time to pack up for tomorrow's swim workout.  Tomorrow is another early morning, but the week is almost done!  

Now you know, how boring I am :)  Hope everyone is doing well out there!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home