Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I made it!!! 70.3 miles that is, last Saturday, March 31. It took me 6 hours 42 minutes and 30 seconds - I couldn't be happier! :)
I don't know what to say about it. I am still riding the endorphin high almost a week later. My body is getting back to normal and so is life (if there is such a thing).
As I sit here on the couch eating chocolate eggs and reflecting on the past weekend, I feel such a warm fluttery feeling - it all is so surreal. I have never felt so loved. I have never felt so happy. I have never felt so high. I have never felt so proud.

I set out to accomplish this goal many months ago and I accomplished it, and so much more! Across the country my family and my friends came, from Seattle, from Ohio, and from San Francisco. New friends, old friends and family spread about the course. I heard them call my name and I never felt so happy and so alive. I smiled the whole time.

I thought when I first began that this race would be about defeating the negativity that has surrounded me in the past year. That negativity has long since disappeared. I can let go now and move on and live. I realize how lucky I am. I can do anything. And most importantly, I am loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home