Monday, October 09, 2006

Goal #1 -

Before I can focus on the Ironman, I first need to focus on another large goal of mine - A century ride. That is right - 100 miles on my bike. This is going to take place this weekend (10.14.06)! This weekend, I am going to bike 100 miles along Highway 1 (alas) from Monterey to San Simeon (ending at Hearst Castle) for the Best Buddies foundation. I'll spare you the details of my fundraising - (I did raise over $1,3000) - Thanks to everyone that helped me (special kudos to my blogreader donators Markie and Kara!!). https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=146257&supId=136374796++

Anyways, moving on... So I'm flying up to San Francisco on Thursday night with my road bike and dearest Ally will retreive me and my bike from the airport. On Friday we're heading down to Monterey sometime after lunch and on Saturday - think of me. I'll be clipping along for a good 7-10 hours. I have no idea how long this thing will take me!

This weekend was not such a good training weekend - Saturday I did a beach run (my favorite). Because I live only 4 blocks from the beach, I have the luxury of running down there whenever I choose. It is a great run down Pacific Beach down to Mission Beach. Good times. Then I drank some beer and watched Michigan State lose (again). sigh. I figure though, I need to shape up my nutrition in the coming months and unfortunately, I should probably cut down my beer consumption... ) -:

Sunday, I spent alot of the day tweeking my bike - The alignment was funky and the tire was rubbing up against the brake pad in a funny manner making it an unsmooth ride. I guess I wasn't meant to get another good ride in.

So I'm going into this century ride with one 44-miler under my belt - woo hoo. Last weekend was the Tour de Poway. I have referred to it as the Tour de Roadkill because of the all of the dead wildlife I saw.

Anyways.... That is it for now. I need to actually use my lunch break to eat... Hope all is well!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home